Make Money When You Are Unemployed – Do So From Your Sofa
Thanks to the corona virus and the collapsing of business’ worldwide, there are hundreds of thousands of people out there who are unemployed and worrying about where their next pay check is coming from.
Well, before you hit the job search websites, take a look at this post as I think it will be of interest to you. We are going to dive into the world of online marketing and how you can make money when you are unemployed. In addition, the best thing about online marketing is that you can do it from the comfort of your own home!
What Is Online Marketing And How Can I Start?
According to Wikipedia, online marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes internet and online based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services. So in other words its advertising and selling goods via a laptop or smart phone. Sounds great right? Getting up when you want and starting your day on your terms. In fact, why get out of bed at all? Hook the laptop up and work from the comfort of your own bed!
Online marketing has many niche’s you can jump into. However, if you are new to marketing and are unsure how to start or are nervous, I highly recommend affiliate marketing. This is when you promote a passion of yours online and earn a commission for every item you sell. The items are usually other people / companies products. For example, if your passion is fashion, there are thousands of affiliate networks (what’s an affiliate network?) that allow you to promote their products. For every product you sell, you gain a commission. I know what you are thinking, this sounds like a pyramid scheme? Well, luckily affiliate marketing is 100% legit and is a very popular way of earning an extra or even a full time income. If you are still unsure, check out my post on pyramid schemes and how to avoid them here.
If you want to start your own online business today for FREE (absolutely NO PAYMENT DETAILS required) then check out my review below that highlights my recommended platform.
Who Does Affiliate Marketing Relate To? – Is It For You?
- Want to start your own online business?
- Want to be your own boss?
- Want to earn from the comfort of your own home/anywhere with an internet connection?
- Want to spend more time with your loved ones?
- Want to promote a passion that you have but little to no money to start a business?
- Fed up with your 9-5?
- A veteran?
- Someone who wants to change their finances and live and earn on their terms?
- Hard working?
- Unsure if you job is stable?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then in short, yes affiliate marketing is for you!
Why Does Being Unemployed Give Me An Amazing Advantage With My Online Business?
Believe it or not, being unemployed or having the luxury of being home a lot gives you an extremely high advantage when it comes to starting your own affiliate marketing business. The reason being, is that this helps you allocate loads more time in to your business and the training that comes with my recommended platform!
Wealthy Affiliate (the platform I recommend) provides full training from creating your website to making it profitable. When I started I allocated 2 hours an evening to my business and it made a huge difference. Imagine what allocating a morning or even a whole day to your business can achieve?
My tips for being successful in affiliate marketing:
- Find the right niche – in order to take full advantage of creating traffic converting content for your business, you must be able to create content about it consistently.
- Correct training and guidance – unless you are already experienced in online marketing, I highly suggest you take advantage of the Wealthy Affiliate training. You can learn for FREE!
- Ask for help! – so many people give up when they hit a hurdle. There are millions of people on WA that can help progress your site and help you reach your goals!
- Be patient – Patience is something that is hard to come by in 2020. We live in a world of fantastic tech that enables us to sit on our sofa and do very little. However, when it comes to any business, things take time. Rome was not built in a day. We all have wobbles, myself included, but if you persist and keep trying you will break through nay obstacles you experience. Its also good to remember, you will not become rich overnight (if you do let me know your secret). However, you can earna very good living if you put the time and effort into your business.
My Final Thoughts
Now is an excellent time to start your own business. As previously mentioned, the virus doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Who knows we could get another wave or spike (hopefully not). You can help take the stress of job security and finances off your mind. Also, forget finances for a moment, starting your own business is exciting and fun. There is no better feeling than waking up every day knowing you are your own boss and you are going to smash being an entrepreneur. If you have any comments or queries please do leave them in the comments section below.